Over the weekend, I have got a chance to connect with several individuals via Facebook and understood that they are struggling with writing section of the IELTS exam. I understand that exams can be daunting, but believe me this is the easiest part of the IELTS exam.
So in this section, I would like to pick on real writing task 1 topic and elaborate the answer in real time.
IELTS WRITING TASK 1
Here is the question that has appeared in one of the IELTS exams this year. So, I thought of utilizing this for our practice session.
You have just spent a week with a friend on holiday when you got home, you realized you had left your wallet there?
Approach to tackle this question:
- First of all, it is a letter to your friend, so you can be formal or informal.
- Identify the keywords here and make sure that you use them within the letter body ( key words here are: holiday with a friend, forgot your wallet
SIGN UP now if you have not already created an account.
So here is the actual letter that goes:
I am writing this letter to let you know that I had a wonderful time back in London. I had an amazing time going around places with you and your beautiful family. I am already planning for next holiday and I want you guys to visit us in India this Christmas if possible.
While I was unpacking my memories and our luggage I have realized that I have left my wallet in your secret closet. As I was carrying a lot of cash I wanted it to be safe. The make of the wallet was “VERSACE” and it’s my favorite black color holiday wallet. I have my spare house keys and $250 dollars in cash.
I would like you to safeguard the wallet for a few weeks until I make a second arrangement to pick it up from you. I’ve found out that my husband’s friend is traveling from London to Hyderabad shortly and I want you to hand it over to him in person if possible. I really appreciate if you could coordinate with him personally. I will call you shortly and talk to you in detail about this.
This is the end of the letter. I hope you practice this for yourself and comment below if you need any more topics like these.
- Make sure you write 150 words, this is the requirement to fulfill IELTS writing task 1.
- Make sure you don’t write more words because if you are bad with your Grammar and punctuation then you will end up getting a bad score for unnecessary words.
- Patience is the key, plan your answer well before writing. This will help you complete your IELTS writing task 1 under 20 minutes time.
To improve writing you also need to make sure you practice your Listening, Speaking and Reading skills. You can helpful material below: