This is the first section of the IELTS Listening test. The Listening module consists of 4 sections and takes 40 minutes. Listen to the audio and answer the questions. As you finish, press ‘check’ and proceed to the next section.
Complete the information below. Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
|Apartment for rent|
|Included utilities||Gas, heat, water, (2) , phone|
|Not included utilities||(3)|
|Public transport||Underground, (4)|
|Tenant’s name||John (5)|
Choose THREE letters, A–F.
Which THREE things should the caller bring to the meeting?
- Driving license
- Tax bill
- Employment contract
- Reference from a friend or colleague
- Reference from an employer
Choose the correct letters, A, B, or C.
9. What time do the caller and apartment manager decide to meet?
- 5:30 PM
- 6:00 PM
- 6:30 PM
10. Where do they decide to meet?
- Near the manager’s apartment
- At the caller’s future apartment
- At the office
Complete the table below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
|Ticket type||Ticket cost|
|Adult’s ticket||(11) pounds|
|Child’s ticket(for children between 5 and 15 years)||(12) pounds|
|*Children under (13) years||free|
|Reduced tariff(for full-time students and disabled visitors)||(14) pounds|
|(15) (can be used by up to 2 adults and 3 children)||55 pounds|
|Annual membership||(16) pounds|
Complete the information about ordering tickets below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
- The easiest way is to buy your tickets (17). Make sure that you receive an (18) of your booking!
- The second way is to book your tickets (19).
- If you don’t want to plan your visit in advance, you can simply purchase the tickets (20) in ticket kiosks.
SECTION 3. QUESTIONS 21-30
Complete the information below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
21. The total course duration is .
22. During the final project students will work in teams of .
23. The professor told that the key thing in marketing strategy is to .
Choose FIVE letters, A-I. What FIVE modules does the course include?
- Design of custom logos
- Product management
- Customer attraction
- Business strategies
Complete the information below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
29. The next lecture is in the big classroom on the .
30. Students need to take their last week .
Choose the correct letter, A, B, or С.
31. Initially, the Great Wall was built to
- prevent invaders from entering China
- function as a psychological barrier
- show country’s enduring strength
32. The construction of the Great Wall started
- in third century B.C.
- in 220 B.C.
- in 390 A.D.
33. The Chinese name of the monument is
- the Great Wall
- the Big Wall
- the Long Wall
34. The wall as it exists today was constructed mainly by
- Qin dynasty
- Northern Wei dynasty
- Ming dynasty
35. During the Ming dynasty, the wall’s main purpose was
- to be a military fortification
- to protect caravans traveling along the trade routes
- to contribute to the defense of the country
Complete the timeline with information about the history оf the tomato in the United States.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
36. Before the use of bricks, the Great Wall was mainly built from stones, wood and .
37. Many western sections of the wall are constructed from mud and thus are more .
38. A part of the wall in Gansu province may disappear in the next 20 years, due to .
39. To see the wall from the Moon would require superhuman .
40. The Great Wall is generally recognized as one of the most impressive in history.